Letrozole for men: how to take in bodybuilding
Unfortunately, long-term use of anabolic steroids not only increases muscle mass and strength, but also has side effects. One of them is the so-called feminization, which is manifested by an increase in the mammary glands (gynecomastia), an increase in adipose tissue with smoothing muscle relief, fluid retention in the body and inhibition of sexual functions.
To prevent and eliminate such unpleasant side effects, experts recommend the use of anti-estrogens – drugs that block the action of the female sex hormone estrogen. Popular anti-estrogens include letrozole and tamoxifen, which can produce high results when used in bodybuilding guides.
Letrozole’s mechanism of action is related to blocking aromatase, a special enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into estrogen. The drug was created for the treatment of estrogen-dependent tumors in women, but the popularization of bodybuilding opened up new opportunities for it: letrozole for male athletes is prescribed to eliminate the dangerous side effect of steroids – feminization
Read more about alternatives to Letrozole
Properties of letrozole
- It prevents gynecomastia
- Increases the content of biologically active substances with an anabolic effect
- Effective in drying thanks to the hormonal regulation of the thickness of the subcutaneous fat tissue
- It stabilizes blood pressure
- Normalizes sexual function
- Feminization phenomena that have already occurred can thus be eliminated
- Long Half-Life: Can be taken once every 2-3 days
- Decent price
- Low toxicity
- Despite the relatively low toxicity, experts strongly recommend undergoing a general medical examination before starting the drug
- Not suitable for all steroids: It is not effective in combination with Boldenone and Halotestin
- Risk of over-estrogen suppression with associated side effects
- Reduced muscle growth
- Reduced performance
- Increased risk of arteriosclerosis
- Pain in bones and joints
- Weakness, fatigue
- Hair loss
- Mental disorders: depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, irritability, impaired memory
Almost all clinically significant side effects occur against the background of an incorrectly selected dose. Practice proves that letrozole shows the best results in sports, provided that the level of estrogen in the blood is regularly monitored.
Letrozole in bodybuilding: how to take
Reception of letrozole in bodybuilding and not only should begin long before the moment when the level of estrogen exceeds the critical value and causes puffiness, severe inhibition of potency, enlargement of the nipples and peripapillary zone. If such a situation has already occurred, it is important to start treatment as soon as possible: the elimination of symptoms requires daily administration of the drug in a daily dose of 1 table. (0.0025g).
Ideally, Letrozole should be taken prophylactically: to increase testosterone and maintain its level, the drug is taken at a dose of only 1/5 tablet (0.0005 g) every other day from the 7th to the 10th day of the cycle ASA prescribed. This approach reduces the risk of side effects and increases the effectiveness of training. Immediately after the end of the AAS course, Letrozole is not canceled: it must be taken for another 2-3 weeks. If possible, the dose of the drug should be selected individually and based on the level of estrogen or, in extreme cases, subjective feelings and general well-being.
Knowing how to take letrozole correctly will allow you to achieve maximum bodybuilding results and maintain your health.