Anastrozole is an aromatase inhibitor (AI). Simply put, it delays the body’s natural production of an enzyme called aromatase, which is responsible for converting testosterone to estradiol. Use the drug in a course with aromatizing anabolic steroids to reduce the negative effects of estrogen on the body.
First of all, it is worth considering the positive and negative effects of estrogen on the male body. Estrogen plays an important role in various functions of the male and female body. The general health of the athlete and his results depend on the same functions.
The positive effect of estrogen:
- play an important role in the immune system
- necessary for the nutrition of bone tissue
- necessary for the nutrition of bone tissue
- have a positive effect on cholesterol levels
- necessary for the production of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)
- play an important role in maintaining the “liquid balance” in the body at the right level
- help absorb glucose
- supports sexual desire
Negative aspects of high estrogen levels:
- retention of fluid in the body, swelling
- fatigue and increased constipation of muscle tissue during exercise acne (acne), which has not been observed before
- increased risk of prostate cancer
- blood clotting increases
- the risk of cardiovascular disease increases
- increases the risk of hypertension (high blood pressure);
- increased risk of stroke cause gynecomastia (swollen and itchy nipples, breast enlargement)
- in some cases reduced sexual desire; female-type obesity
- extra sweating
- possible sleep disorders
- can cause hair loss
- possible disorders in the work of the gastrointestinal tract
With the help of aromatase inhibitors, the level of estrogen is controlled, the growth of which should be limited when it is produced in excess. Proper use of Anastrozole not only counteracts aromatization but also promotes the growth of free testosterone at the same time. If you stick to the dosage regimen, the remedy will be perfectly tolerated by the body, without any negative consequences.
For example, consider anastrozole. The drug was invented at the end of the last century, its original purpose was the treatment of breast cancer in an operable form. The effectiveness of the drug in this area was proven, which contributed to its popularity in sports in the use of anabolic steroids by athletes.Anastrozole in bodybuilding.
The action of anastrozole
Anastrozole in bodybuilding is used when an athlete begins using anabolic steroids that tend to aromatize, such as testosterone and Dianabol. Not only do they promote muscle growth, but they can also have side effects. Men often struggle with a problem like gynecomastia. Simply put, it is the growth of the mammary gland. This is due to the adrenal glands starting to produce aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen.
This is why many athletes take anastrozole as part of anabolic steroids. It inhibits the action of the enzyme and prevents the breakdown of testosterone and the production of estrogen.
The main effects of Anastrozole are:
- prevention of fluid stagnation
- suppression of excess female hormone production
- stimulate the production of your own testosterone
- prevention of testicular atrophy
- increased libido in men; prevention of gynecomastia
- increased libido in men
- prevention of gynecomastia
- improved muscle tone
- increased levels of anabolic hormones in the blood
- Prevention of hypertension
Possible side effects of anastrozole on an anabolic course
Each drug has both a pronounced effect and negative symptoms when ingested. Problems can arise if an athlete exceeds the dose selected for him, takes the drug for too long, and does not conduct regular blood tests for hormonal indicators.
Estrogen is essential for the proper functioning of the male body. If you take Anastrozole for a long time and in an uncontrolled manner on a course of anabolic steroids, the levels of this hormone may drop to very low levels. This can cause a number of side effects:
- memory disturbances, apathy, drowsiness, fatigue
- deterioration of sports form
- frequent mood swings up to depression
- violation of oxygen metabolism in tissues
- deterioration of blood clotting
- violation of the functionality of nerve cells
- reduced stimulation of metabolic processes (worsening of anabolism)
- reduced bone strength (osteoporosis)
- headache, dizziness; decreased libido
- leads to low sperm motility
- increase in blood cholesterol
- anemia, thromboembolism, thrombophlebitis
- the development of ENT diseases
- rashes and itching
- hair thinning, alopecia
- loss of appetite with weight gain
- liver disease
All of this suggests that Anastrozole should be used with caution in bodybuilding, monitor blood counts, and follow professional recommendations.